Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dumb Things I Do

Ya'll.  I do lots of really dumb things.  But some of them are things that lots of people probably mindlessly do--like search for your sunglasses when they are on your head, or throw your keys in your purse when you in fact need them in your hands to start your car.

And then, there are the other things.  Things that result from my being extremely clumsy.  Things I do over and over again and never learn from.  One of the latter things happened yesterday, for the 4th time.  I ruined another Nalgene bottle in the dishwasher.  I just can't seem to comprehend that it would be OK to put it at an angle on the top rack.  Or that although I carefully place the lid away from the heat on the bottom rack, things still shift during the wash.  So I end up with lids that look like this:

Along with this comes a house that smells like delicious burnt plastic

Thanks to my wonderful husband, I've had a back up bottle for quite some time now.  I wonder how long it will be till I ruin that one?

A few weeks ago, I knocked a bottle of maple syrup off the top shelf of the pantry, and it.  went.  everywhere.  Did I mention I'm prone to stupid explosions of stuff because I'm clumsy?  Have you ever tried to wipe syrup off of matte-painted walls?  I have.  It doesn't really come off.  Here is a portion of wall that still has long drip-shaped stains of syrup on it.

I think I see the Virgin Mary in these syrup stains...

I should mention that the top rack of our pantry is filled with all my baking items.  It is largely an unorganized mess, and things are shoved on there in such a way that one false move will send SOMETHING tumbling to the floor.  And yet, I haven't organized it.  Even after Syrup Explosion 2013.

And last (but certainly not least, OR last, even, if I'm being honest) there is this.

What are those pink dots on your ceiling?!

It's a wine explosion.  On our kitchen ceiling.  Ya'll, I don't remember how this got here.  But it (obviously) happened after drinking lots of wine and, naturally, not too long after we paid some nice fellows several hundred dollars to put a fresh coat of white paint on our ceilings downstairs.   Have you ever tried to get red wine stains off of a white ceiling?  I haven't, because I'm too short and because I'm about 99% sure they won't come off.  The other 1% of me is planning to get out my magic eraser and a ladder and try anyways.  That will probably happen the same day I organize the top shelf of the pantry.

These take paint off of walls--maybe they will take wine off of paint off of ceilings!  
 
That's it for today, friends.  Just keeping it real over here.

Hugs,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment