Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happiness Is: Painting, Flailing and Smaller Lymph Nodes

Why, hello friends!

Is anyone out there VERY responsive to caffeinated energy-type drinks?  I am.  I'm not talking about gross-tasting poisonous crap like Red Bull--I never drink those.  But, sometimes, I will see some kind of energy-related Vitamin Water or the like, and I have to try them.  Mostly because I can't EVER seem to get up early enough to work out before work, so most weekday workouts occur after dinner.  And ya'll.  Most times I need some help feeling energetic when I work out at 7 or 8pm.

So recently, I came across THIS little gem at Target.


Not only had I never SEEN the likes of this drink before, but it promised to do the following for me:
  • increase alertness
  • promote concentration
  • reduce mental fatigue
  • support memory

Oh, and it contains a "proprietary blend" of 375mg caffeine, taurine, and a bunch of other crap.  There is a warning on the bottle NOT to let kids under 12 OR people who are sensitive to caffeine drink this drink.  Oops.  

Undaunted, I sipped on this sucker last night, thinking, "I'm sure this will make getting on the elliptical machine more fun!"

Ya'll--I cranked up some music...but I didn't get on the elliptical machine.  No.  Instead,  I flailed and bounced and jumped and twirled and generally freaked out for a solid 25 minutes.  If I had ANY rhythm at all, this might could have been referred to as "dancing."  It was SO fun and freeing to flail and sing along at the top of my lungs to embarrassing artists like Selena Gomez!!  This is what I felt like:


Perhaps part of my un-inhibitedness had SOMETHING to do with the fact that husband was in Boston for work, and I was not expecting him home until after 11pm.  Well, unbeknownst to me (and...quite luckily for him, I can assure you), he caught an earlier flight home.  That's right--he caught me doing this.  And were I in a non-neurosonic-induced state, I may have been VERY startled or embarrassed.  But instead, I just kept right on flailing and insisted he join me.  Poor guy.  

I also spent part of last night searching for inspiration for my next art class which starts tonight.  (Thanks to the Neurosonic, I was VERY focused.)  I have LOVED doing this art class.  Not only because I get to see my friends on the regular, but because I literally don't think about ANYTHING else when I'm there.  It's been so fun and soothing to just...create.  Even if my "creation" is just a copy of something that I really like.  Here are the top contenders for copy-catting this time around:




I've also considered painting some colorful fruit....perhaps to hang in my kitchen somewhere?


Tropical things make me happy.  Thus, I must paint them!  Painting makes me happy.  Creating makes me happy.  FLAILING makes me happy!  Know what else makes me GIDDY with GLEE??  My Mom's CT scan results.


SO, onto the REAL reason you are all here.  Most of you know that on Tuesday, my Mom got a call from her Oncologist saying that the results of her CT scan from last week MADE HIS DAY.  This was all I needed to hear to be excited, but I was still looking forward her appointment today!  We didn't get TOO much more information, but we did get to see and read the report.

Highlights:

  • Biggest lymph nodes are noticeably smaller
  • No new activity
  • Several nodes are completely normal/"resolved"

WOO HOO!!  So, she's got two more chemo treatments (one is next Wednesday), then she'll get another CT and a PET scan.  Her blood cell counts were outstanding.  Everything was positive.  We are so thankful, and I feel like we are finally in the home stretch with this garbage! 


And thanks to my WONDERFUL friend Andrea, Mom and I have a gift card to go get manicures and celebrate at some fancy place in Vinings on Saturday.  This will OBVIOUSLY be proceeded by a sleepover Friday night.  WEEEEE!  

It's called "Posh Spot." Fancy pants, right??

So, next time I blog, I hope to have nicely manicured nails and even more good news.  

Until then-

HUGS,
S




No comments:

Post a Comment