Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Never Give Up...and Believe BIG!

Hello, friends.

So, Mom had her second round of chemo today...and it was another success!  Everything went smoothly during the treatment, and we're hoping that her recovery days (the next 3 days or so) go the same way.  These chemo days are long, though.  We arrived at 8:45am this morning, and she and Dad didn't leave until about 5:30 this afternoon.  But she was just texting me about plans to hit up Cheesecake Factory on the way home for dinner, so I take that as a good sign.  I'll keep everyone posted as to how she's doing over the weekend.

ALSO.....drumroll please....OUR TEAM CYNTHIA T-SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED!  They are fabulous, and we will be distributing them imminently.

 See above for the picture of fabulousness

So like...have you ever wished, hoped or dreamed for something, and believed SO fervently that it would be yours, and then it all appears to implode and disappear right before your eyes?  I think maybe we've all been there, some more than others lately.  But as I've been learning what it really means to "Let Go and Let God," I can't help but look at things a little differently.  Because every time a dream gets dashed, God has a chance to lead you to a BIGGER and BETTER dream!  And He can do that.  Because He's awesome.  And because He's the one that gives us our dreams in the first place.


I'm reading this INCREDIBLE book right now called "Love Does" by Bob Goff.  It's basically a collection of this guy's stories, and each one is about getting out and LIVING life--right where you are right now, today.  Living the "big life," saying YES to God, not just talking about love, but showing it.  I shudder to think how many opportunities I've likely passed up in life because I was too busy making my own plans to just prance around listening to God and living a life of whimsy.  Anyways...the stories in this book are...intoxicating....(if I must pick one word) and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who has a soul.


Perhaps it's obvious that I'm feeling a little inspired today...because someone close to me recently had a very dear dream that appears to have been dashed.  And I was sad about it, just like she was.  But today, I woke up and felt differently.  I felt hope, excitement, and wonder.  I've lived long enough to believe with all of my heart that everything happens for a reason, and that God is bigger than our greatest fears.  



When I was 16 years old, I crawled out the sunroof of my totaled SUV that flipped over in the middle of a busy intersection after being T-boned by a red-light-runner going about 50 MPH.  And I walked away without a scratch.  3 of my friends were in the car with me, and while not all of them were scratch-free, they all walked away.  People that saw the wreck told us they were so certain everyone in the car would be dead, they were scared to even approach it.  But God, He takes things that look like awful, terrible dismay and hopelessness and He injects life, wonder, hope, and opportunity into all of it.   

Everything happens for a reason.  So since I'm so full of this today, I just want to encourage all you dreamers out there, even when it looks like your dream was too far fetched after all, keep holding on!  When it seems like all is lost, look again, look up, and expect that something GREAT is right around the corner.  Because what is the point of worrying or letting disappointment run your life?  I'd much rather believe there is something better than live my life waiting for the next shoe to drop.  


Thus (almost) concludes this installment.  But in case you have approx. 3 minutes and 18 seconds left to spare, please enjoy this video from, like, my FAVORITE movie EVER!!!


Hugs,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment